What is Local SEO?
Given the increasing number of smartphone users and better connectivity, businesses are starting to take advantage of local SEO’s benefits. Local SEO is optimizing your online profile so you are found for the local searches most relevant to your business; it helps businesses promote themselves online to customers within their geographic area. If I search for “best japanese restaurant”, Google will show me a list of Japanese restaurants nearest to me.
Why does Local SEO matter to small businesses?
- According to Chat Meter, “Near me” or “close by” type searches grew by more than 900% over two years.
- Local SEO helps your business stand out in local searches, and helps drive more traffic through online leads.
- Based on a study done by Forbes, 95% of smartphone users have used their device to perform local searches, out of which 61% called the business and 59% visited.
- Non-locals are usually the ones searching for local businesses in a certain area. With local SEO, your business can get that audience.
- Entrepreneur.com says that with the dawn of wearable devices, such as the Apple Watch, users will start using on-the-go searches even more frequently, with even more immediate needs.
Local SEO Strategies
- Your business’ name, address, and phone number (NAP) should be exactly the same across all of your online assets such as your website, social media profiles, and Google My Business, and other listings.
- Make sure to claim and verify citations on local directory listings and Google My Business. Information on these listings should be the same across all directories.
- Encourage customers to leave reviews. Not only do these reviews encourage more customers to buy from you, it also tells Google that you are a real, quality business.
- The use of mobiles is increasing significantly, and so is the number of mobile searches, so you have to make sure that your website is optimized for mobile.
- Get high quality backlinks by creating quality content so others would want to link to it. You may also do guest blogging on sites with a high domain authority.
Now that you know more about the importance of Local SEO, you have to make it part of your marketing strategies. This will help you manage your online presence, and build up your client base. It’s essential to always stay on top of local SEO, so having a Digital Agency that does the SEO heavy lifting for you may be a great idea. Not just to boost your local SEO, but to make sure you’re ahead of your competitors as well. Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION with Public Advertising Agency and see how our experts can help you stand out.